Re: [NTLK] NetGear MR814 with Wired Connection

From: Eric Schneck (eschneck_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 07:26:47 PST

>From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)

>Can you connect to your Mac running NCU?
On a crossover cable, yes. Thru the 814, no.

>Is you set your PowerBook to DHCP?
Yes

>What do you see under 'Built-in
>Ethernet'? If Configure IPv4 is set to 'Using DHCP' you should be able
>to see the IP address your router assigned to your PowerBook.
>(just checking that your router hands out the IP addresses alright)
I'm not at the mac right now, but I did check last night that it had 192.168.0.2 assigned by DHCP.

>In the Internet Setup on your Newt all you need (in case the DHCP works
>fine) is 'Configuration: DHCP server' and 'Card: whatever card you're
>using' next you fill in a domain name and you should be set.
Tried DHCP and Manual, no luck. Domain name is set the same as in my cell-phone dialup config. Is that correct? Or is there a different domain for the network behind the 814?

>BTW, could you surf on the net before? (as in, do you have all of the
>NIE packages installed?)
Yes, I just connected to UNNA via my cell phone, and it worked correctly

>Good luck,
Sounds like I, and some others with this problem, are going to need some luck.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html