Re: [NTLK] Is there a quick way to have meeting titles filled in automagically

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Fri Dec 19 2003 - 07:54:48 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrei Chichak
Date: Monday, December 08, 2003 12:35 PM
Subject: [NTLK] Is there a quick way to have meeting titles filled in
automagically

>1. Excel's save-as using a text file type and a suffix of .csv will give
>you a file that NCU will be happy with.
>2. The carriage return format for windows is return-linefeed.
>3. You have to turn off the FIFO buffering on your UART that you use to
>communicate using NCU.

I thought I would mention that yes this applies to "on mother board" serial
ports. However, in the case of a USB to serial port adapter, I found that
turring off the FIFO in the adapter driver made NCU not connect at all. At
least that is the case with Keyspan adapters and windows. Also if you have
connection troubles, or backing up, be sure to use Slowdown.exe. And with a
faster system you made need to have 2 or 3 instances of it running if you
have a really fast processor.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html