[NTLK] ethernet card in 2100

From: Jack Doyle (jvdoyle_at_bigpond.com)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 19:36:36 PST

hi all;
I'm having trouble trying to get a 3Com Lan/modem card working in my
2100. Can anyone help?
The story so far...
Bought it off ebay from a guy who said it works...
Went to chuma.org for directions on getting it working and downloaded
drivers for 3Com cards but they only listed patches to support the 3Com
3c589 and 3c589D cards and patches to support the 3Com CXE589DT and
3CXE589ET (and all other 3CXE589XX series cards). (My one is a
3C562D/3C563D.) Tried these drivers with no luck with the card in the
bottom
slot of a 2100. (Oh - I also installed all the other necessary drivers
mentioned at chuma - Newton Internet, Newton Devices, NIE Ethernet,
Internet Setup). Also rebooted the Newt after trying unsuccessfully to
dock using appletalk with a G2 mac via a crossover cable.
Have also tried to ping the newt from a G4 OSX box with no luck.
The card cable has two led's which are not lighting up, and I have had
no luck trying to fax or mail with it either. I've been backward and
forward through all the settings in the newt for modem setup, fax
setup, internet setup and mail setup with no success.
Is this card not compatible or dead, am I missing something or are
there any tricks?
Please help... anyone???
thanks
Jack Doyle