[NTLK] More Card Woes

From: Dale Steele (dtsteele_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Dec 28 2003 - 10:53:45 PST

This morning when I turned on my trusty newt and tried to delete
something and upload a book, I got messages that the item was locked
and couldn't be deleted. Likewise, I couldn't make a connection with
Newten although I had been able to the evening before.

It seems this Pretec 32 meg card is acting up more and more unless
some other issue is causing these problems. If necessary, I could
wipe the card clean and reinstall most if not all the programs but
many are registered and I'm concerned I would lose that in the
process. Likewise, I have not done much in the way of backups since
moving up to OS X on my powerbook.

I'm going to work with the card a bit first and see if I can find a
particular file causing problems. If that doesn't do it, what would
you fellow listers recommend I try next?

Thanks for any advice.

Dale
p.s. got to have everything in tip top shape for MacWorld coming in
just a couple of weeks now!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html