Re: [NTLK] Newton vs. Treo text input showdown!

From: Jonathan Wise (For NewtonTalk) (newtontalk_at_jonandnic.com)
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 11:05:31 PST

I don't know if it's been done, but I did a series of showdowns against
various WinCE machines, with different HWR engines, and improvements
installed.
A friend and I combated over a paragraph from his sister's homework. The
requirements included correctly writing *and* formatting the paragraph.
On a WinCE 3.0 machine he managed to enter a single word accurately
before I was done.
On a PocketPC 2002 machine he completed roughly a third of the paragraph
with numerous spelling errors and no formatting.
On a PocketPC 2003 machine he was able to format the title, and complete
the first two sentences will relatively good accuracy.
In all cases I completed, corrected and formatted the paragraph on my
Newton using printing recognition. He laughed at me because Newton
wasn't colour, but I laughed at him because his PDA wasn't useable.

Happy New Year Everyone!! Perhaps this year will see the Newton 2004
released! Well, we can all dream...

Jonathan Wise

----
visit us online at www.jonandnic.com