[NTLK] OS X Internet Sharing...

From: Joe Anthenat (janthenat_at_mailandnews.com)
Date: Sat Feb 01 2003 - 00:12:47 PST

I've got my MP2100 connected to my OS X machine via ethernet, and the
OS X machine connected to the internet via modem. I've got Internet
Sharing enabled...

"You are connected to the Internet over Modem Port. This connection
will be shared with computers connected to Built-in Ethernet."

... Yea, well, nothing doing. Not able to get anything via Newtscape.
I've set Built-in Ethernet on the OS X machine to DHCP, and it assigns
itself a 169.x.x.x address with gateway 255.255.0.0 when I attempt to
get somewhere on the Newt, but after about a minute of 'trying', the
address disappears again and I've got nothing on the Newt. Is there a
way to check my IP address on the Newton?

Any ideas? Suggestions for proper setup?

Also, how can I access my OS X machine's 'personal web sharing' page
(IPaddress/~username/) via ethernet and Newtscape on the Newton?

- - -
Joe Anthenat ><>

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html