Re: [NTLK] DHCP working with Orinoco Wireless/ABS? (was Re: questions on Newton (fwd)

From: Darrell Greenwood (lists1_at_telus.net)
Date: Sun Feb 02 2003 - 14:43:07 PST

On 1/31/03 at 1:47 PM -0700, wmiranda_at_softhome.net wrote :

>I noticed another difference in our configurations from reading your latest
>reply. I turned WEP off on my router when I added the Newton to my network
>since I couldn't wait for a registration code when I got my card and I
>wanted to see if it worked. I've not had time to reactivate WEP yet. So, I'm
>not currently running WEP. Could that be part of your problem? I didn't
>think WEP was supported except for registered users? Have you registered the
>wireless driver?

I now have registered the driver.

It still only will work with DHCP. Or WEP. But not both. The DHCP
fails when WEP is activated. The Newton sends out what seem to be
legit DHCP discovery packets and the Airport Base Station ignores
them insofar as I can tell.

Is this something peculiar to the ABS/Orinoco setup? Is anybody else
using a ABS with the Newton?

Cheers,

Darrell

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html