Re: [NTLK] Newton Keyboards - Shreve Systems

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Feb 03 2003 - 00:10:42 PST

on 2/3/03 6:29 AM, bettyy_at_earthlink.net at bettyy_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> Did they charge a restocking fee? I've always heard that their return
> policy was the reason why people think Shreve was difficult.
>
> By the way, I've never had a problem with ordering from them but then, I've
> also never had to return anything.

If it can be proven that the part or item doesn't work, there is no
restocking fee. If, however, for instance, you buy a Portable Stylewriter
from them because their sales _and_ technical people said it would work with
your Newton, and it turns out it doesn't, _then_ you pay the 15% restocking
fee. I know, because I did. I would not buy from Shreve ever again, but that
doesn't mean they are a bad company, per se, but my experience wasn't the
best--oh, and they were very polite on the phone, just rather relentless.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland