Re: [NTLK] Why did Apple use a serial dongle?

From: Stocker, Michael (mstocker_at_accelent.com)
Date: Mon Feb 03 2003 - 11:11:16 PST

Upon review of the Newton Interconnect Port ....

Noticed that there is a provision for connecting more than one Newton =
type device through the port:
  Pin 1 - PowerInPos2 (2-cell systems)
  Pin 2 - PowerInPos4 (4-cell systems)
  Pin14 - PowerInPos4 (4-cell systems)

Not familiar with eMates. Is Pin 1 for connecting to eMates, or some =
other device?

Thanks.

Mike