[NTLK] IR Adapters

From: Mike Hamende (mhamende_at_tsl.state.tx.us)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 06:30:38 PST

I have received 3 IR adapters, along with the software for Windows and Ma=
c=20
from Enfour. I also received my Keyspan USB > Mac Serial adapter yesterd=
ay,=20
so now I can see if the things actually work. I will let the list know t=
he=20
results of my testing.

I also got the remaining interconnect to PC dongleless cables. I was mis=
taken=20
about the interconnect to Mac cables. What I got was normal Newton to PC=
=20
serial cables. Round mini DIN on one end, DB9 (PC) on the other. I=20
purchased the hardware to make a DB9 > Mini Din converter, but I have not=
=20
gotten around to figuring the pin outs and soldering it together.

I also am looking at combining the two cables with a DB9 gender changer, =
which=20
would result in the interconnect to Mac serial connection some people hav=
e=20
asked about. It would require buying two cables, but should work. The N=
ewt=20
to PC cable I got were original Apple products new in their original Appl=
e=20
packaging.

Thanks.

Mike Hamende