Re: [NTLK] Connecting to a PC

From: Hans Derycke (hans_at_derycke.com)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 07:36:57 PST

The cable I use has a flat connector at one end that plugs into the Newton, and a standard 9-pin connector that plugs into the serial port on my PC. Is there more than one type of these? How can I tell the difference?
Given that the same cable works on my Mac (using a Belkin serial-to-USB adapter), I would think I'm OK there. I followed Michael's advice, and I can set up a connection at 2400 and 4800. However, if I then try to import data to the Newton, the connection is lost.

Hans Derycke

--
E pur si muove
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html