Re: [NTLK] Linux on iPod..

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 00:31:07 PST

On Thursday, February 06, 2003 11:07 PM,
Jeffrey M. Swiger <N8NOE_at_comcast.net> wrote:

> Jim;
> Is it me or what?... Why in the HELL would you want anything like
> this?...
> The thing plays music!.. I know it has some calendar functions,
> Contacts, but it PLAYS MUSIC!....
> The Idea of the iPod is MUSIC... Guess I see NO reason to do alot with
> it, It would be nice if
> what I heard was TRUTH?...

Well, now it can play music with Linux as the OS. So now you can port any music
player you want (Ogg, MP3, etc) to the version of linux that's in the device and
any music format you
want your songs in will be available to you.

Not to mention it could also be a firewire-to-ethernet web server that could fit
in your pocket... ;)

--
David Orriss Jr.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html