Re: [NTLK] Lantern, Get_Card_Info.pkg & IBM Ethernet Credit CardII

From: David Holmes (dh_ntlk_at_delphys.net)
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 11:05:45 PST

Received your patch mail and will try that and report
back to you shortly.

> >the 0x20000 config base offset would be just added to
> >the socket-AttributeMemBaseAddr() but this just gets
> >me nulls.
>
> Are you sure that the config base offset is 0x20000?
> It seems a little bit high.

I agree with your assessment - it seemed high
to me as well. I'm now poking around in memory
and have found the ethernet h/w address at
AttributeMemBaseAddr + 0xFF0 and then other
interesting data at + 0x1FFE.

Unfortunately the only significant parts of the CIS
I've not been able to manually decode are the CONFIG
tuple itself (0x1A) and the Memory Description block
so I will dig through Hinds' pcmcia code further -
unfortunately the book I was given doesn't help in
these two cases. Otherwise my CIS work and what the
linux tools say has matched; I assume that I'm just
missing something fairly obvious to go from these
numbers in the one environment to what I need.

Thank-you for the fTickTime warning explanation and
the protocol vs class distinction.

--david

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html