Re: [NTLK] Lantern, Get_Card_Info.pkg & IBM Ethernet Credit CardII

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 09:25:16 PST

À (At) 11:19 -0500 6/2/03, David Holmes écrivait (wrote) :
> > Please remind me the problem here. This card, unlike your IBM card,
> > doesn't have a CIS data parsing issue, right?
>
>The card server cannot parse the IBM card.
>The V1String2 (Product name) of the Linksys
>card is 32 chars long (too long it seems and
>causes an Install (pkg) error) but the card
>server recognizes it.

Cf my private mail for my patch to handle long card product names.

>So far the numbers I got from the Hinds' tools don't seem
>to work although I may just be missing something about
>converting the IO space addresses into the correct
>offsets in Newton memory... not sure. I thought that
>the 0x20000 config base offset would be just added to
>the socket-AttributeMemBaseAddr() but this just gets
>me nulls.

Are you sure that the config base offset is 0x20000?
It seems a little bit high.
This is what I do in ATA Support:
mConfigRegs =
        (TCardConfigRegs*)
        (theFunction->fRegisterBaseAddress + inSocket->AttributeMemBaseAddr());

But last time I had a look at debugging logs, the register base
address was something like 0x200.

>Sorry - I was confused and should have said New().
>I was trying to sort out if the compiler warning
>about fTickTime's constructor was significant or
>not. (It is generated by the ProtocolGen stage.)

Well, it's significant because fTickTime won't be initialized by the
class constructor, since there is no class constructor. This is a
protocol. The system allocates the memory space itself (from the
class info) and then calls the New method. In the NE2K sample code,
fTickTime is initialized in this method.

But this is a Lantern driver, not a card handler. No Lantern driver
object will be created if no matching card is inserted. They're not
asked if they work with that or this card.

>Perhaps all just an ignorable compiler warning...

Well, if you didn't initialize fTickTime in New, this wouldn't really
be ignorable.

>And congrats on the progress with your ATA pkg.

Thanks.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/