[NTLK] Heap Trickle

From: Chris Chapman (pan1k_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 13:01:12 PST

Is it normal for the heap to trickle by 20-100 bytes sometimes?? This seems to be my problem. I talked to Woo last night briefly and he gave me an intro to soup editing, and I removed a wrong entry and *poof* everything on my 32MB card was gone... so i'm starting fresh, did a brainwipe, installed AVi's backdrop, and I still notice the heap trickling down... any other ideas/explinations to why this is happening?? I'm going to do another brain wipe and reinstall everything... and format the card in my laptop so no funky soups could be on there, then format it in the newton again..and manually type in all my contacts and reload everything from scratch... sound like a good idea to eliminate any soups that could be corrupted...right??

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html