Re: [NTLK] (No From: Laurent Daudelin <laurent.daudelin@verizon.net>

Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 17:25:41 PST

on 07/02/03 18:59, John Johnson at kamikazebear_at_excite.com wrote:

> Hi.
> 1 Is anyone there? Haven't seen anything from you folk for ages!
>
> 2 How's Steve Weyer? I had an attack of conscience and tried to "register"
> some of his good stuff only to find all his links are down.
> Is he OK?
>
> 3 Still looking for good-ish PCMCIA cards: anywhere that's any good apart
> from eBay?
>
> 4 Anyone yet compiled lists of good/bad/appalling ISPs as regards
> newt-connectivity?

Well, we're all around here. I guess you must have dropped us since a little
while...

Steve is still around. He moved his website to Verizon, I think. Check on
'This Ol Newt' <http://www.thisoldnewt.com/> for links.

No linear flash RAM cards to be found anywhere besides eBay. You might want
to check the ATA driver from Paul Guyot <http://www.kallisys.com/>. It lets
you use compact flash and basically almost any PCMCIA card that supports
ATA.

Earthlink used to be a good ISP. They still have a Newton setup page
somewhere, hidden.

-Laurent.

fear and loathing n.: [from Hunter S. Thompson] A state inspired by the
prospect of dealing with certain real-world systems and standards that are
totally brain-damaged but ubiquitous -- Intel 8086s, or COBOL, or EBCDIC, or
any IBM machine bigger than a workstation. "Ack! They want PCs to be able to
talk to the AI machine. Fear and loathing time!"
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html