Re: [NTLK] Internal Wireless Project

From: Roman Pixell (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 17:43:21 PST

> From: "Andrew Peleikis" <sinewaiv_at_sympatico.ca>
>
> hey there,
> Im looking for someone who knows about radio circuits and antenna
> construction/tuning that could help me create an internal Newton wifi
> setup.

the newt is shielded, so you would have to place the antenna externally
somehow anyway. remember that the airport card has an other pinout than
a regular PCMCIA card, otherwise that could be an option. of course, if
you know what youre doing, you could change the connectors inside of
the newton, but thats hardly doable, i think. anyway, if you would
succed, you would have a newt with a slot that would be constantly
occupied by the wifi card and you would also need to bring an antenna
every time you would use the card. since the pinout would be altered,
you wouldnt be able to use the slot for other purposes.

> by the way, who would be interested in such a monster?

count me in... but as i said, its hardly doable in a simple manner, i
think...

/ roman pixell

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html