Re: [NTLK] LocalTalk <=> EtherNet

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 00:14:38 PST

On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 10:13 PM, Joshua Braddock wrote:

> i have a PCMCIA ethernet card for the emate.. but the reason i want
> ethernet
> on my localtalk is because i could use internet anywhere in the
> house.. (not
> enough money for wireless)
> ~Joshua Braddock~

you could also garbage pick some type of old mac with ethernet and use
that as a bridge...

I use a performa 475 that way, and it works well.

Actually the bridge the others are describing is (I think) a localtalk
to ethernet bridge, but I don't think it would for for TCP/IP over
localtalk which is actually quite a different idea...

If what you want is to use your emate over the internet, you should
probably hold off until you actually have it and then see what it feels
like via the ethernet card directly...

The emate is NOT ever going to be a useful browser IMHO. Inkspot is
very cool though... Simplemail too.

If you really find you love the Newt as so many of us do, you will
probably be looking for a 2100 shortly.

So Norman's shoveling/(snowblowing(its the 21st century)) is probably
right on....

Marty

PS I grew up in Buffalo NY.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html