Re: [NTLK] ethernet card driver for powerbook 1400

From: Nancy Haitz (nhaitz_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 12:30:29 PST

>> Nancy wrote:
>>
>> I have one of the Farallon Ethernet cards. It works with a 5300, a
>> 1400 and a 3400. (and maybe some others) However, it is not even
>> recognized by the Newton.
>
> Robert wrote:
>
> But do you have NIE 2.0 and the Farallon driver installed on your Newt?

Robert,

I am still really new to the Newton. But, from what I was able to find
here and there on various Newton sites, I have a Farallon card that is
not supported in the Newton. It is the EtherMac PC Card. The one
Farallon refers to as the "595a with a Red arrow at the top" (It does
have a red arrow, but no number anywhere)

It definitely does not look like the 595 card pictured on list at:
www.chum.org/newton/ethernet/ And, my Newt does not even recognize
that I installed a card.

If someone else has gotten this card working, I would appreciate
hearing about it.

I do have NIE 2 installed, and some Farallon drivers for the Proxim
wireless card. I have been able to connect to the internet wirelessly
using the Proxim card, our Asante wireless router and Hiroshi's driver.

At this point I have not tried to do wireless connections between a
desktop machine and the Newton.

Nancy

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html