[NTLK] Connections & Packages

From: Dr. Julie Armstrong (Drarmstrong_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 14:09:18 PST

Hi All,

Using a Keyspan adapter and serial connection, I've been trying to
synch my TiBook and eMate and had a successful connection.... once.
After that, I got a "serial port in use" error and could not make a
connection. (Using the connection utilities that came on the emate cd
in Classic mode, and serial connection)

Should I be in Apple talk mode in Classic? Should I be trying to
connect with Apple talk or serial connection?

Also, when I download packages to be installed, they have the same icon
as OsX packages... and the one connection I made, the installer
couldn't "see" the pkg. (it wasn't a choice in the installation
window.) I tried a package repair app but there were no changes to the
icon.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,
Julie