[NTLK] emate poped springs

From: Woody (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 20:37:59 PST

After reading all the recent posts about damage to the display ribbons,
I desided to open my sons emate to examint the condition of the hinge
spring. Both springs had popped against the ribbon. After disassembly
and careful inspection we determained that none of the traces were
broken so I repaired the springs, reassembled and all is well. Next
weekend my other son's emate also with no symptoms will get the same
examination.
I encourage anyone with an emate to take the time to at least check the
condition of these springs.
Woody

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html