Re: [NTLK] Rumorware Warning!: MacWhispers Article

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 12:56:54 PST

on 2/19/03 3:35 PM, Ron R. Silva at ronsilvar_at_husky-net.net wrote:

> Check out MacWhispers
> http://www.envestco2.com/macwhispers/archives/000031.php. What a crock! And
> I quote: "The original Newton was a middling capability device built on a
> crippled version of the Mac OS...." HUH? I have no idea who this person is
> but the message was totally ruined by his ignorance of the Newton platform
> as presented by the above quote.
> Ron

I was wondering if anyone else was going to post this. Actually, except for
that flub (and given the various mythology that floats about regarding our
beloved platform, the author could perhaps be offered a little
forebearance), which was corrected by someone in the comments section, it
was pretty interesting.

If you're not familiar with the site, this is NOT your usual rumor mill.
This site uses actual data regarding orders for componentry, etc., coupled
with known patterns, leadtimes, etc., to try to divine future Apple product
activity. Only time will tell how accurate they are, but at least they're
not performing total rectal extractions like many other sites.

Perhaps we should invite this fellow to join NewtonTalk and discuss/refine
the concept. We've already co-opted an academic researcher... :-)

- Eric.

END RADIOPHOBIA!!!                          More nukes, less kooks!!!
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html