Re: [NTLK] Shamefully OT - pda form factors & a new idea

From: Chip Matteson (chip_at_moonlightphoto.net)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 08:17:47 PST

Well...
I have been thinking that iPod might be the next evolution in PDA. Instead
of keyboard or stylus input, via voice input. Most said the same things
about handwriting recognition as the are saying now about via voice
recognition. iPod has the capacity to run the software. With a Firewire
connection and iSinc, you will probably see more connections from the iPod
as a keyboard-free/stylus-free PDA and MP3 player.

Now if you are getting into the heavy use stuff, I think the PB 12" is an
example of a direction apple will go for full featured mobility. How about a
smaller version PB with via voice, no keyboard and an iPod styled mouse that
pops out and can be held with the rotary dial/button. 9" maybe even 6"
screen? 1.5x or 2x the size of a Newt. Stylus and touchscreen with inkwell
might be cool too.

That would leave iPod with the music, date book and maybe even MS Office,
for the Palm level user. The G3 mega Newton for the power mobile user with
an Airport card. Oh yeah!

Chip

Chip Matteson
Moonlight Photographics