Re: [NTLK] 3COM NIC Question

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Sat Feb 22 2003 - 09:53:37 PST

Quoting Jonathan Wise for NewtonTalk <newtontalk_at_jonandnic.com>:

> Another question that's probably been answered (I've read the FAQ like a
> Bible -- honest!)
>
> I just got a 3COM NIC for my Newt. I downloaded the drivers and
> installed them. I slide the card in and it immediately says "There is a
> problem with this card (-61001)". I know negative numbers are hardware
> problems, does this mean the card is DOA or just that I have the wrong
> drivers installed?

Did you reset the Newton after installing the drivers?

Did you install the Farallon driver first, and then the 3Com patch
afterwards?

Did you get all of the NIE components installed, and are they all the right
version?
-Internet Enabler
-Newton Devices
-NIE Ethernet
-Internet Setup

Is all of this installed on the Internal store?

I used to get -61001 errors every now and then with my 3Com, I never figured
out why though.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html