Re: [NTLK] 3COM NIC Question

From: David Holmes (dh_ntlk_at_delphys.net)
Date: Sat Feb 22 2003 - 10:24:11 PST

Victor Rehorst wrote:

<...>
> I used to get -61001 errors every now and then with my 3Com,
> I never figured out why though.

This is an interesting data point - which model is/was
your card Victor? Are you no longer seeing the error ever?
It sounds like you're saying you expected his card (the X
version) to also work with this driver.?.

I'm definitely seeing some internal weirdness with respect
to card names. For example, while I can now connect to
the net with the Linksys (to a degree) I can't get the
AppleTalk side of Newton to see it at all (for example,
trying to dock.) While soup tweaking helped in the former
case it does nothing for the AppleTalk.
Interestingly the card pick lists (eg in Internet Setup)
always show 2 entries for the same card while the pick
list in the AppleTalk setup only ever shows one.

--david

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html