Re: [NTLK] aaaargh

From: Bill Miranda (txgitarman_at_attbi.com)
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 07:57:45 PST

That was an older version of the Palm desktop. You won't get version
4.0 working. One possibility for dealing with that contact info is to
transfer from the Palm to the Mac address book program in OS X and then
use Newtsync to transfer the data to the Newton. I've heard bad things
about the Belkin adapter but I've never tried to use one personally. I
know the Keyspan adapter works. I use the high-speed USB-serial
adapter. There's a PDA adapter too that's cheaper but has less
throughput capability. If you check the archive on this message list at
www.newtontalk.net you can search all these items and find where people
have talked about them before. Keep your Palm charged up for now and
you should be able to resynch your palm data back to your mac once you
get the desktop side figured out. To use iSync to transfer your
contacts to the mac address book I think you are going to need the Palm
4 hotsync manager working. Perhaps you should start with an uninstall
reinstall of the Palm desktop software. Do a google search on
uninstalling palm 4.0. I seem to remember a website that walks you
through the process which was not all that intuitive. Early on desktop
to go wasn't working with 4.0 so some people were apparently
uninstalling it and going back to 2.6.x version. You'll need 4.0,
however, I think, to use iSync. I think you can do what you hoped to
do, but you don't have exactly the right tools and one of your
expectations, using Palm desktop, is a no go. Ask a lot of questions
as you go, and you'll get it figured out. Good luck!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html