Re: [NTLK] aaaargh

From: Hans Derycke (hans_at_derycke.com)
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 07:54:11 PST

On Sunday, February 23, 2003, at 12:09 AM, Jeffrey M. Swiger wrote:

> First off, Where in NE Michigan?.. I'm in SE MI!... Waterford, look me
> up at QRZ.COM....
> Second The Belking Adapter has to GO!!!....
> Get a KeySpan!... I've almost said this too much, I'm sounding like a
> broken record....

I'm using a Belkin F5U003 adapter. It works, in Classic mode, but every
time I start NCU, I get the error message "Could not initialize the
Serial connection because an error has occured (Belkin USB Serial
Adapter 2:78)". I ignore that message, because the connection works
anyway.

However, I only use NCU through the Belkin for installing packages,
typing thru the keyboard, etc. I've moved all my addresses to the OS X
Address Book, and calendar entries to iCal. Those two I sync using
NewtSync (from everchanging.com) over TCP/IP, which has its own
limitations (does not sync companies, or notes attached to addresses,
only syncs one calendar, and again, no notes attached to calendar
entries)

The Belkin should work, although it tends to be temperamental, and it
doesn't work in OS X. I don't know about the Palm desktop, though.

--
Hans Derycke
E pur si muove