[NTLK] SimpleMail & V-Cards

From: David Deranian (deranian_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 07:09:01 PST

Hello All-

I just emailed myself a V-Card from my OS X address book. Simplemail 4.3 handled it just fine as far as displaying the card inside the In/Out box. The card displayed just like it would had it been in the Names application.

The problem is, there doesn't seem to be a way to "Put Away" V-Cards to Names directly or indirectly for that matter. When I go to "Put Away" in the Tag menu, the only option is to put away to Notes. I tried that and received an error message and I thought for a moment I might have corrupted my Notes soup. However, I was able to go to the Overview, and delete the offending note. Everything seems find now. Also, the text in the In/Out box when looking at the V-Card is static and can not be selected in any way.

Has anyone else tried this or run across the limitation? Is there a solution?

---
David Deranian
Digital Arts & Sciences, Inc.
Created with Newton Technology