Re: [NTLK] [ANN] DCL PrelimBinaries 1.0

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 11:22:48 PST

Il me semble que le 28/2/03 à 10:02 -0500, Laurent Daudelin nous racontait:
>I was at the office but at some point, I did a closed network with only my
>PowerBook, the Farallon kinda router that comes with the Ethernet card and
>my Newton.

Here is the problem.
This often fails because of MacOS X.

To do it is tricky with both NCU and Delivery (and anything else). I
explained it in my previous reply
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=104641864017438

I succeeded with the Farallon thanks to the light on the hub. Once
the Newton looks for a computer and the light is on on the Hub, I
uncheck AppleTalk, press Apply, recheck it, press Apply and then
start NCU/Delivery. Then, the NBP Browser can be closed and reopen,
it should see the Mac.

>Selected "Choose other computer..." but the PowerBook never
>showed up in the NBP chooser. At some point, I gave up. I should have trie=
>NCU at that point to see.

NCU does the same, last time I tried.

>I've never had any problem connection with NCU
>under Classic through AppleTalk, so that would be a good way to compare if
>something is wrong with my network or if something else is up.

Did you ever try NCU in the same network configuration?

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/