Re: [NTLK] Importance of "Read/Write" Voltage

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 03:21:12 EST

on 04-01-2003 10:20, Chris Searles at csearles_at_t-online.de wrote:

>> Only in theory, makes very little difference in practice, 5v/5v are a little
>> less robust though...
> How so?

Sorry, should have added the details, posted very quickly.

In the past it has been reported that 5v/5v cards can die on you sooner, do
a hard reset with your card in your Newt (NOT recommended with ANY card) and
you still stand a good chance that your 5v/12v card will survive
(I didn't know about it and didn't remove my card during my first two brain
wipes, eons ago)

People with 5v/5v typically killed it right away while doing this.

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html