Re: [NTLK] Newbie

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 03:53:31 EST

Chad Chamberlain <macmanchad_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> New to the forum and have 2 prepurchase questions before I place my
bid
> on eBay...
>
> 1) What is the usual going price for a Newton 2000 upgraded to 2100
with
> a ton of accessories, but has a hinge broken on the door?

Alas, it seems the prices on eBay are going up ...!

That said, I bought an upgraded 2000 for $50. All I got was the
Newton -- no door, no accessories, no -- well, you get the idea.

Worked fine, though.

> 2) Where can I find a cheap Keyspan USB -> Serial Adaptor? I could've
> sworn I read somebody somewhere found them for $30, but on
Outpost.com
> and Keyspan.com they sell for $79.99.

You could try on half.com. I got really lucky there and bought one
for $15 -- but don't expect to get this price.

Someone else recommended the PDA adapter. This (price wise) sounds
good, but make sure you look into it to make sure you can use it for
something other than your Newton.

> Thanks!

Welcome .....

> Chad