Re: [NTLK] signal to noise ratio, was Re: Forum?

From: victor_at_newtontalk.net
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 09:14:42 EST

Hey, thanks Sushi.

I've actually been asked to change how often the archive is updated -
currently it's every other hour on the hour, which isn't that fast. The
way it is set up right now prevents me from having it update as each
message is posted because HyperMail, the mail -> HTML program, draws from
large monthly archive files that eCartis generates, meaning it has to at
least scan through the bulk of the file in order to find where the new
messages start.

But I should be able to boost this to, say, every half-hour. Stay tuned.

-Victor