[NTLK] MacWorld and Upcoming Apps from Foundation Systems

From: Adam Tow (tow_at_tow.com)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 09:20:55 EST

Everyone:

Happy New Year to all Newton owners around the world. 2003 is shaping
up to be a very green year!

I noticed a thread on the list for people trying to organize a Newton
gathering at MacWorld SF this week. I've posted a poll on my website
forums:

        http://www.tow.com/forums/

under Newton->General->MacWorld Gathering Poll. If you are planning on
attending, please cast your vote for what day(s) you want to meet and
watch for future announcements on the exact time and location.

As many of you know from reading the list, I've been working this past
month on some exciting new applications for the Newton, including:

1) nHTML 2.0: nHTML is the most powerful, portable web editing tool.
nHTML lets you create tags, dialog boxes, popups, and scripts to make
your web development experience more efficient and productive.

2) XML-RPC for the Newton: A unit (i.e. shared library) that implements
an XML-RPC client on the Newton. The package allows third-party
developers to send and receive remote procedure calls over the
Internet. It also installs a system-wide transport that lets the user
send virtually any Newton soup object over the Internet, such as a
Name, Date, Note (and in the future, a package!).

3) nBlog: An application that makes use of XML-RPC and nHTML that
allows a user with a Newton connected to the Internet to update a blog
in real-time. If you're wirelessly connected (think showfloor at
MacWorld), you can update your web site instantly!

You can get a sneak peak at three of them on my temporary weblog:

        http://www.tow.com/weblog/

If you are interested in using nBlog, XML-RPC, and nHTML during
MacWorld, please contact me. I'm looking to creating a community weblog
for the duration of the MacWorld conference.

-adam

--
Adam Tow <adam_at_tow.com>
tow.com <http://www.tow.com>