Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V3 #16

From: Andrew Thiel (aothiel_at_unity.ncsu.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 12:36:10 EST

On Wednesday, January 8, 2003, at 11:53 PM, Mark Bock wrote:

> I've routinely used my Powerbook to dial up in Europe with no
> problems, although as someone else stated, you do need to turn off
> dial tone detection (this is a simple click box in Mac OS; on a
> Newton you may need to add the AT command, I've never tried it).

Nothing special required. In fact, you don't even need NIE! (Since
update and modem dock can use it)

Go to Preferences --> Modem

And there is a check-box for "require dial tone"

I have to use it because for some reason when you pick up the phone in
my dorm, the dial tone bleeps on and off several times before becoming
constant. Very annoying.

-Animal

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html