Re: [NTLK] Ethernet on Modem mariner

From: Anton (anton_at_the-wire.com)
Date: Sat Jan 11 2003 - 18:34:45 EST

On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 14:21, Tom McDougal wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 8, 2003 Anton wrote:
> > It works fine in my 2100 as a modem using PPP but I can't get
> > the Ethernet side of it to work.
>
> According to the FAQ, no combo cards work for Ethernet.

Are you telling me that combo cards don't work at all or that there is s
specific FAQ that fails to list some specific cards?

Because the mariner HAS been tested on the 2100 according to this:

http://www.planetnewton.com/knowledge/articles/MP2100modems.htm

Its just that the link to the driver ....
http://www.mot.com/MIMS/ISG/Products/mariner/software.html
is stale. I was hoping someone, somewhere had it archived.

Motorola still has
ftp://www.motorola.com/pub/MIMS/ISG/TRAN/Mariner/newton/newton-drivers.sit.hqx
but when I try to unpack that I get gibberish. Perhaps someone can help
me with that.

If all else fails, I have the Linux device driver config for it
and there are many other pages on the web describing drivers for it for
Linux and for MS-Windows. Could these be adapted by someone who knows
how to "make" them into device drivers for the newton?

/anton