Re: [NTLK] Alarm Weirdness ....

From: johnsinho's! (johnsons_at_macbbs.com.br)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 11:50:14 EST

Glen Warner wrote:
> It's 3:00 AM. My eMate comes on...
> ... that loud and obnoxious daily alarm.
> After I dismissed the little message that went with that alarm, it
> came back again ... and again ... and again ... and -- well, you get
> the idea.

Oh Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you,
thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank
you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you,
thank you.
I thought ONLY MY Newton hated me.
Nowadays, exactly 3:00AM mine plays the same trick on me. Only that it
has just 1 or 2 scheduled thing to warn me about, sothey go away after
tapping them.
I recall that when I bought mine in 1999, I imported more that 500
addresses, and the majority of those bore birthday dates. After a
turning it off, the Newton woke up back instantly buzzing every single
event since the first birthday (set back to 1931!!) of all my friends. I
had to take off the batteries, since it was unresponsive to tapping, and
turning off would wake it up again. Had to perform the brainwipe to
operate normaly.
So I unchecked the "persistant alarms" in the preferences prior to the
import, and life carried on almost normaly (if only for this "insomnia"
bug).
Changing my GMT (-3hs for I'm in Brazil) didn't have any effect at all.
I don't have the faintest ideia as to why this happens or if I'm doing
anything wrong.
Any suggestions?
[ ],
johnsinho's!