Re: [NTLK] Newt <-> PC connection

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 10:48:12 EST

"guillaume" <pixelhaus_at_sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Pardon my ignorance, but "running several instances" doesn't
register,
> how do i run several instances?

Well, let's say you have SLOWDOWN.EXE on your desktop. To run
"several instances," do this:

     (1) Double-click the SLOWDOWN.EXE application.
     (2) Repeat step 1.
     (3) Repeat step 1.
     (4) Repeat step 1.
     (5) if you wish, do it again ...!

Now, if you take a look at your Task bar, you should see the
SLOWDOWN.EXE icon several times -- as in, "several instances." See?

Of course, this is the first time that I have heard of anyone doing
this for a legitimate reason ... this ability to run "several
instances" of an application used to crop up on comp.sys.mac.advocacy,
where the Windroid would brag about being able to run so many
instances of Notepad.exe ... to which the Mac user would respond,
"Why?"

But I digress.

Hope this helps .....

--gdw