Re: [NTLK] OT Safari does damage...

From: Joost van de Griek (joost_at_jvdg.net)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 12:39:10 EST

On 2003-01-15 18:31, "Richard G. DAVIS" <msys1_at_charter.net> wrote:

>> From: Joost van de Griek <joost_at_jvdg.net>
>>
>> On 2003-01-15 15:26, "Richard G. DAVIS" <msys1_at_charter.net> wrote:
>>
>>> There is a severe problem with the USB drivers in Jaguar that is utilized by
>>> Hewlett Packard for printers and scanners using the USB input/output system.
>>> (Thank you, Steve Jobs, for the "wonderful" UNIX briar patch called OS X.)
>>
>> Hm, I fail to see how Steve Jobs is to blame for HP's crappy driver
>> software... It is more than a quarter of a century ago that he worked there.
>
> Hmmmm..... This comment suggests that the author has been out of touch for a
> while.... ...perhaps. ??

And this comment suggest that the author has a damaged sense of humour.

> For your information:
>
> Steve Jobs is the chief executive at Apple and has been for several years. He
> is chiefly responsible for driving the process of transition from MAC native
> OS 9 to the UNIX based OS X.

Oh, really? Gee, I didn't know that. Must be all that living under rocks I
do...

> As for 'crappy driver software', it is most likely that the HP software is not
> the principle cause of the present difficulties, but rather the support from
> the core system software in OS X.

The CPU-sucking abilities of HP drivers are quite well documented. Other
manufacturers have far less trouble making well-behaved driver software for
Mac OS X. That would suggest that the fault lies with HP, not Apple.

Yet somehow people love blaming third-party problems on OS X.

,xtG
.tsooJ

--
Joost van de Griek