[NTLK] Help, I need a new newt!

From: Ruthlym_at_aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 14:41:51 EST

People,

I have a Newton MP 2000 and I use it for everything. Just recently, it
started not being able to pick up when I put my pointer anywhere on the left
hand side of the screen. This means that i can't adjust where it picks up
the pointer, since I can't get to extras. I tried pressing the reset button
on the back and taking the batteries out and putting them back, but to no
avail. I have had to do cludgy things, such as when I accidently clicked
where it thought I wanted to put away the date book; to get the dates back, I
had to do a find (by putting my pen on the leftmost part of the bottom of the
screen, which it picked up as the middle) and then clicking on one of the
dates it found. Luckily, the show today button is in the center and I can
get to it now, but I have no idea what will happen next. Does any one of
you have a case for sale which works. I have 2 cards, one a backup for the
other, but I don't have it backed up to my mac.

If you have any leads for me, please respond to my direct email
(ruthlym_at_aol.com) as well as the list, since I don't always get to read
everything on the list. BTW, I live in San Francisco. If someone has one
for sale and it is close by, I would rather go get it rather than trust the
mails.

Thanks.

Ruth Kwitko Lym
415-824-5877