Re: [NTLK] Copyrighted books

From: Donald Wilson (marchie_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 14:23:48 EST

Actually, the process followed would, in a court, put the weight on the
copyright holders.

Those holding copyright are required to equally enforce the copyright,
or forfeit.

While distribution of the NewtonBooks is still illegal, the publichers
have been legally informed of the intent of action via mail, which can
be proven, and by not responding have made a legal statement.

I work in a law office, and the process Ed outlined is similar to ones
I go through all the time.

I agree with Steve tho, Ed's message may need be stricken from the
archive, and LOTR could never be put on UNNA, tho he may serve it if he
likes.

~Donald

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html