Re: [NTLK] Ricochet and the Newton

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 23:43:16 PST

Woo Lee <vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

> It did work, except for 'minor' problems.
> Just when the AppleStore in Glendale opened, Mr. O'Brien lent me his
> Merlin card, even worked in the AppleStore, albeit kinda slow.
> This will cause me to carry the fourth Newton again. :-o

You have Ricochet coverage there in LA? Oh, wait -- you said
Glendale. Close to San Diego, I presume?

Seattle (where I am) was nearly wired for "Ricochet II" service (the
faster 128K service). I have purchased two USB modems off of eBay ...
guess now that I have this Newton, I should get a Merlin! :o)

Um ... they are 128K, right?

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html