Re: [NTLK] Ricochet and the Newton

From: RADAR9999_at_aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 23:43:59 PST

>Mr. O'Brien lent me his

> Merlin card, even worked in the AppleStore, albeit kinda slow.

Max is 19.6kbps for standard CPDP cards. Novatel is also marketing a card
that meets GPRS (54kbps) and GSM(14.4kbps) standards. called the G100. Do not
know if it will work in newtons.

>You have Ricochet coverage there in LA? Oh, wait -- you said

>Glendale. Close to San Diego, I presume?

>Seattle (where I am) was nearly wired for "Ricochet II" service (the

>faster 128K service). I have purchased two USB modems off of eBay ...

>guess now that I have this Newton, I should get a Merlin! :o)

>Um ... they are 128K, right?

Richochet has lots of promise but is really suited to big cities where
repeaters cans be distributed around city. As of 1/25/2003 only Denver Co,
and San Diego have been reactivated. 128kbps....Wirelessly AWWWSOME.

Er the standard Merlin card is Cpdp and is 19.6 or thereabouts. Sales
literature says that will also function as wireless NIC for a WAN

Try this link for more info

http://www.novatelwireless.com/pcproducts/index.html

Ed Johnson

"[T]he law . . . dictated by God Himself is, of course, superior in
obligation to any other. It is binding over all the globe, in all countries,
and at all times. No human laws are of any validity if contrary to this."
--Alexander Hamilton, signer of the Constitution

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html