Re: [NTLK] NewtSync -- Oh! Oh! -- Pkg? Sheez!

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 03:52:46 PST

Robert Benschop wrote:
>>Hey OSX heads, isn't this a TCP/IP package installer here?
>>http://anrp.irulethe.net/newton/
>
> Nice to have this pointed out by a non-OSX head ;-)

:) I actually compiled a version of this under Cygwin on my windows box and
sent it back to the author, but he never posted it...

> And maybe some experienced OS X head can tell me what to do with it, I get a
> DockTrnspTCPIP.pkg with a nice box icon that cannot be opened (bill of
> materials is not found)

That's a Newton package, drop it on packager and install it onto your Newton
first - it's the TCP/IP dock transport from Thomas T's DIL Tester app.

For Newton Dock connections, the computer (desktop) is always the server, so I
assume you run the PkgInstall from a terminal session with the filename, and
then Dock from your Newton to your.desktop.ip.addr:49252...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html