Re: [NTLK] culinary question

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 21:18:00 PST

on 29/01/03 23:18, Norman Palardy at palardyn_at_shaw.ca wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 08:32 PM, John Acuff wrote:
>

>> On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 08:52 PM, Larry Zasitko wrote:
>>
>>> Poutine is a French dish and consists of french fries with gravy and
>>> cheese.
>>> The French, as always, claim that they came up with this.... :-) Not
>>> too
>>> many places around here have it but the local Costco is pretty good.
>>>

>> Sounds good! It's a shame I can't eat stuff like that anymore (heart
>> patient).
>> John
>
> You really aren't missing much
> Poutine is icckkkkkk

Hey, to each its own! I like poutine, but I admit I don't eat it very often,
certainly not as often as I would like. Problem is getting the fresh curd
cheese needed for the recipe here, in the middle of the US, in Virginia...

-Laurent.

benchmark n.: [techspeak] An inaccurate measure of computer performance. "In
the computer industry, there are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and
benchmarks." Well-known ones include Whetstone, Dhrystone, Rhealstone (see
h), the Gabriel LISP benchmarks (see gabriel), the SPECmark suite, and
LINPACK. See also machoflops, MIPS, smoke and mirrors.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html