[NTLK] Problems with NewtonPress

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Fri Jul 04 2003 - 16:57:09 PDT

Hi folks,

I am currently writing the NewtTest help book with NewtonPress
(PC version 1.1). I am using the "Universal" platform setting because
I want the book to run on all Newton models.
I have noticed 2 problems:

a) When the book is started in the two page mode on the 2100, it is
slightly
offset towards the top and left so that the leftmost and topmost two or
three pixels are off-screen. I have tried to set the viewBounds slot of
copperfield
(the parent of all books), but in vain, I seem to get a 48221 error if I
do that.

b) The table of contents window has a severe problem when its scroll
buttons are
used. It sometimes scrolls to content items that aren't following the
ones
curently shown, but skips a couple of pages. In these cases clicking on
one of the topics it erraneously scrolled to opens an altogether
different
topic.

Has anyone out there experienced something similar? Tips and tricks are
welcome as susual.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html