[NTLK] about the upcomming Newton Magazine...

From: Andre Garzia (soapdog_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 20:42:54 PDT

Hi Folks,

i decided to do the magazine, bellow i'll describe what i want to do. I=20=

decided to call it "The Green Edge" (other sugestions might be=20
evaluated). I decided to go eletronic by now, when CafePress Publishing=20=

(www.cafepress.com) goes online there'll be a paperback version.

Name: The Green Edge.
Periodicity: Monthly
Content: Tutorials, Reviews, Articles, Interviews. I want tutorials for=20=

the newbies, software in deep reviews and comparisions (like Pocket=20
Money or Quicken), articles of personal experience, like how i use my=20
newton to keep track of my students and the like, and Interviews with=20
important community people.

I'll put a PayPal donate button on the homepage, i hope donations cover=20=

the cost of the web host for i intent to use Userland Manila=20
(http://manila.userland.com) for our CMS, it's the best CMS ever, there=20=

are good manila hosting for 10 bucks a month.

Newton Books will be created, like a collection of tutorials and the=20
like and distributed on the site. And i want pictures, from screenshots=20=

to digital photos, We like to see the newton!

I am preparing the first edition and i'll pay for the first month on my=20=

expense. I'll put writer guidelines on the site so that everyone is=20
invited to contribute, also if donations surpasse the needed value for=20=

the site maintenance, I plan to buy couple app license and do some=20
promotion (like solve this puzzle and win a dashboard reg).

For the webhost I am considering this options:
* http://www.ideaforest.net/ They have a cheap manila=20
hosting for 6 bucks.
* http://www.weblogger.com/ Their manila hosting cost 10 bucks,=20=

but they apear more solid.

I currently have a MP2000 with a modem, thats all I have but I am very=20=

passionate about it (algouth i want a eMate too). If anyone want to=20
start contributing right away my PayPal account is under=20
"agarzia_at_mac.com". I plan to start the production of "The Green Edge"=20
now... by the way, do someone here got a clever way to take screenshots=20=

from the Newt? i hate to boot under classic.

Cheers
Andre Garzia =EF=A3=BF 2003
imac2 ibook p100 e uma torradeira....=

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html