Re: [NTLK] Wireless sniffer

From: Roman Pixell (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 14:05:06 PDT

On onsdag, jul 16, 2003, at 20:28 Europe/Stockholm,=20
newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> From: "Rolf Brakvatne" <rbrak29_at_qwest.net>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Wireless sniffer
>
> What is the difference between a sniffer and just a WIFI driver that
> autodetects a WIFI network? Current Newt WIFI driver does not
> autodetect networks, must manually enter name in.

id supose if you could couple that with a GPS, it would funk my socks=20
off, anyway. other than that, theres also plain text output, time=20
stamped data with network name and signal strength. also, a sniffer=20
sniffs all the time, whilst an autodetectingf device detects on demand=20=

only.

/ =AE

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html