Re: [NTLK] Cellular Connectivity

From: Dave Christensen (dave_at_newrivergroup.com)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 10:33:09 PDT

I dont know if anyone has replied to you or not yet, so i'll take a
stab. I've used a Motorola ST7868 and Timeport 8767 [?] with my Newton
and have great results checking email and downloading newsgroups. Ive
used the Motorola Serial cable, a handspring DB9 to DIN connector, and
a dongle. I was never able to get this configuration to work when a
SER001 board was installed in the Newt. I created a stupid modem
script for the device, but found that the basic 14.4 settings worked
ok. I use a regular landline dialup script, just pointed to the serial
cable instead of a PCMCIA card.

Let me know what you have tried and i'll try and expand on it for you.

-Dave

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html