[NTLK] Moving to a new Newton; plus, a sale on stylus pens

From: Edward Humes (ehumes_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 09:31:47 PDT

I was not able to resist the lure of a mint 2100 refurbished with new
screen/motherboard under AppleCare a little more than a year ago to
take over from my slightly scruffy first 2000. But now a question:

  I want to move my packages, etc., to the new unit by restoring from a
full card backup I just performed on the old unit. Does the act of
restoring wipe out everything on the new unit, or is a brainwipe
advised first?

Also, does peforming a restore crom card update the new Newton's owner
information and registration codes (such as the mutli-Newton ATA
Support registration or Hiroshi's driver), or do I have to manually
input my owner information after brainwiping but before restoring?

I suppose I could do this by trial and error, but I would prefer to
benefit from the collective wisdom of the list.

On a completely unrelated Newton topic, StylusCentral.com is having a
sale on some very nice multi-pens/styli -- good quality knock-offs of
the Cross Digital Morph concept, but on sale for $5.99 (down from
$19.99). The pens have four retractable tips -- three colors of ink and
a fourth retractable stylus point. The stylus has a slightly finer
point than the standard newton stylus, with a very silky, smooth feel
while writing. Stylus refills are 99 cents,so it seems like quite a
good deal to me. I have no affiliation with the company, just a happy
customer.
http://www.styluscentral.com/clicker4in1.html

Regards,
Ed