Re: [NTLK] AA NiCd battery source

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael_at_michael-hussmann.de)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 12:03:46 PDT

Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca) wrote:

> Charging NiMH in a 1x0 Newton may "work" but
> it's not good for the charging circuitry of the Newton or for the cells
> since they are not being charged properly.

Yep, that's the theory. I was just pointing out that I have used and
charged NiMH cells in my first MP120 for years, using the original
charger and the cradle, with no problems whatsoever. That MP120, bought
in 1995, is still being used, though not by me. My current MP120 has 1600
mAh NiMH batteries and is charged using the same 9W charger that is used
for charging my MP2100 and eMate. Other peoples' experience may differ,
but that's mine.

- Michael

Michael J. Hussmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de